Sunday 20 September 2009

Hey

Hello and hairete, everybody,
After half a fortnight* in the most beautiful city ever, Edinburgh Scotland (there's another one I hear, in Indiana,), I have decided to create this blog.

Here I'll occasionally upload ponderings, blabberings, (you are reading one of those at the moment) experiences, occurences, short stories, wet dreams... well you get the idea. It's a typical blog, not quantum physics.

What's that, script? Why haven't I created a blog earlier? Why did I waste so many years of my fruitful, adventurous life without a bardic retelling of my most valorous deeds?
Well, there are lots of reasons and they have absolutely nothing to do with the truth of the matter.
Which is simply this: I just found a name that seems/sounds mildly interesting and fitting to me, which was also available (I mean, who would have thought that Writer's Block would be unavailable?)

So voila:
Brainsanity. As in, brain and insanity (I know, right? I amaze myself sometimes...) I can say that, it does suit me. There are big dollops of insanity in there, thousands of different mindframes swirling in a chaos of neurons and I can happily say that they are really useful, especially for a writer-wannabe.
Out of thousands of characters, I have only used up about maybe fifty in my short stories and half-finished novels. Plenty more where those came from.

Of course, I can be a very serious and understanding sane person whenever I want to.
Ask any of my friends and they'll say (among other adjectives like, polite, goodhearted, talented, handsome, demigod-like etc): "Yea, Dinos, he's the serious one".
Ask any of my enemies and... well, you can't really, there aren't any (breathing).
Sometimes though, I feel I'm too young to be this serious. It's good, it's useful, it comes naturally, but sometimes.. it's not me.

So Brainsanity could help me with this paradox. Don't ask "how" or "wtf are you blabbering about?" No one forced you to read this blog. (unless, whining and constant whoring for attention from my part counts as force)

So, I guess I should leave you with something deep and thoughtful. However, Since I don't have something of that nature at the moment, I'll just quote a brilliant mind (chokeful of brainsanity himself too) that once said to me this, while strolling in the center of Thessaloniki:
(yea, the quotes started from #1)

"You know that 'We only live once' saying? Screw that, 'we are young only once' is much better and don't forget it."

Think about it. This guy's absolutely right!

So, since I'm only going to be young once, it would be nice to look back at this blog and feel embarassed of my pompous talk that looks kinda cocky and "smart" at this exact moment.

Here's to you, future self. Don't forget me!

Consta... "Likes to use So to begin paragraphs" ... ntine


*Half a fortnight: Probably the most pretentious way I can think of right now to say 10 days. Also, it's totally rubbish since a fortnight is 14 nights, not 20 as I remembered. Thnx Ainsley :-)

1 comment:

  1. www constantine...
    exeis trela, mes to myalo...
    nice :P

    ReplyDelete