Monday 21 September 2009

The road less travelled - or street less walked?

Greetings and hairetismata to you all, (and by all, I mean George who is the sole follower, thanks George!)

Well, I just left the library, having failed to meet with a mate (that place is enormous!) and I was on the way home. Now, there is a straight line that gets me from George Square (where the school is) to my flat.
And yet I decided for no particular reason to go back via another street, right next to my usual route. Why would I do that? The result was a few minutes of additional walking.
The answer probably is: "Because you live in the greatest city of Europe, dumbass, who knows what that other street may hold?"

Unsurprisingly (?), there were the following:
-A second-hand bookshop there (sweet!),
-A chinese supermarket (PASS- there was this skinny cat right outside and it was staring right at my crotch for no particular reason)
-A Western-Union spot (noted for the future)
-A church that could be called brand-new (if you lived in the 1600s)
-A closed coffeeshop that was really bland but had a really witty name... damnit, now I forgot it! (-0-) *
-A big fat restaurant that was probably too pricey for us lowly students (I have never seen a restaurant with purple seats that wasn't really expensive. Think about it.)
-A donut shop (must...stay...away... Also, don't you love it when they describe chocolate as "decadent"? Out of all the adjectives in the Anglosaxon... Decadent? I concur! :-) )

For a guy who once got lost while actually standing still, this sidetracking was a huge step towards making this place feel like home. Robert Frost would be proud.

Consta... "Master Tracker" ...ntine

* [since I didn't have anything to say about the closed coffee-shop but I like these guys a lot "( )", I decided to just make a Tie-Fighter from StarWars]

2 comments:

  1. katerina apostolou21 September 2009 at 13:44

    I like it a lot! It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for the chinese supermarket. It must be legit. Also, skinny cats need lovin' too.

    ReplyDelete